I had the idea to do a tortellini soup, but didn’t have the right ingredients for the two recipes that were in my head. So I made one up. And my family inhaled it.
It was quick and easy.
- olive oil
- dice onion (1/4 cup or so)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 package of frozen, chopped spinach (or fresh)
- 4-6 cups chicken broth (I used better than boullion, with added water)
- 1 large package of fresh tortellini (mine was frozen, with refrigerated, you could use less time)
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 to 3 tsp of basil (fresh would be amazing!)
I added the onion and garlic to olive oil and heated them up. Added cans of soup and tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil, and add frozen spinach. I added tortellini at this stage as it was frozen. If not frozen, add after about 10 minutes cook time. Then simmer until tortellini is done. Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh grated pepper. So good!